I am The Soul Man, Idasa Tariq; the Soundtracktionist. “Every wave is a soundtrack to Life”.
As a music artist, teaching artist, designer and educator, I’m known as The Soul Man, Idasa Tariq and act as the Assistant Creative Director at 1Hood Media in Pittsburgh, PA and Lead Designer at my company Ground Flow Communications, Inc.
I’ve released 10 complete music projects, produced 20+ songs, and have opened up for:
– 1Hood Media (2013 – present)
– Phife Dawg & Skyzoo (2012 B.B. Kings NYC, NY with The Mighty Koyas),
– X CLAN (2010 Hip Hop 4 Haiti, Pittsburgh PA August Wilson Center | 2015 1Hood Day, Pittsburgh PA AR3 Park)
– Pharoahe Monche (2014, 1Hood Media Q&A – Pittsburgh Alloy Studios),
– Formula 412 (2010 Hip Hop 4 Haiti, Pittsburgh PA August Wilson Center),
– Talib Kweli & Rapsody (2014 PHHC Cultured Steel Festival, Pittsburgh PA – Kelly-Strayhorn Theater)
– Rakim & Dead Prez (2015 as 1Hood Media, Pittsburgh PA – Mr. Smalls Theatre)
– David Banner, Jasiri X & jessica Care moore (2016 1Hood Day, Pittsburgh PA AR3 Park)
As a radio and podcast personality, I have a segment called “FRAME Changers” on the ROAD Trippin’ Show (weekdays 4pm-6pm on your favorite radio apps) on SkyyHook Radio.
As a graphics designer and audio engineer, I started and incorporated my own company with my pops in 2009 called Ground Flow Communications, Inc. Since then, we’ve been able to produce music, website designs and advertising for 1Hood Media, Kendra Ross, Jasiri X, Carminelitta, Real Deal and more. (website and design portfolio)
As a blogger,
I write for 1Hood Media
have been featured on the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette,
as an Editor at the former website Pittsburgh Plug
and write about audio marketing using psychology and graphic design on the Ground Flow Blog.
I’ve given workshop + performances at
– GPAC Opening Ceremony (Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council – 2015 with Jacquea Mae & 1Hood Media)
– GPAC “Equity & Inclusion in the Arts” – 2015 with Dr. Brett Ashley Crawford (Carnegie Mellon University), Dr. anupama jain & Tiffany Wilhelm
– Pittsburgh Theological Seminary (“WORD!” as 1Hood Media 2016)
– Knoxville Library (Pittsburgh, PA as 1Hood Media 2015)
– Allied Media Conference (Detroit, MI – “WORD!” as 1Hood Media)
– White Privilege Conference (Philadelphia, PA as 1Hood Media 2016)
and have been on artist grant panels for
GPAC (Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council)
Heinz Endowment & Pittsburgh Foundation – Advancing Black Arts In Pittsburgh